God is sitting in Heaven when a scientist says to
Him, “Lord, we don’t need you anymore. Science has finally
figured out a way to create life out of nothing. In other
words, we can now do what you did in the beginning.”
“Oh, is that so? Tell me…” replies God.
“Well,” says the scientist, “we can take dirt and
form it into the likeness of You and breathe life into it, thus
“Well, that’s interesting. Show me.”
So the scientist bends down to the earth and
starts to mold the soil.
“Oh no, no, no…” interrupts God, “Get your own dirt.”
873. I’m doing terrific and keeping very busy these days. A big thanks to those praying for me and my dear family! I am still receiving IV Herceptin every 21 days and looking forward to that being wrapped up in June. Then I’ll be able to get rid of my surgically implanted port–yea! As far as we can tell, thusfar things are looking A-OK in the cancer department–hooray!
874. I am very grateful that I was selected to participate in a special opportunity to learn how to Fly Fish and be part of a retreat soon with some fellow breast cancer survivors from across the state of Florida. Next weekend is an amazing gift and answer to prayer and I’m very excited! http://castingforrecovery.org/
875. 1212 is my year to work on getting back in shape. lose weight that I gained during treatment, and build back my health, God willing. Today I hit my 30 pounds bites the dust milestone–wahooo! I still have a ways to go to get to my ideal weight range but it’s coming along well. I am following a 100% raw, low fat vegan diet (nothing cooked and no food with or from a source with a face on it…just raw fruits, veggies, and seeds) and am part of an on-line “Raw Food Boot Camp” program for three months, that’ll be finishing up for me in June. I always feel like a million bucks eating this way and like the food plan very much. Six years ago I got down to my goal weight using this raw diet and support group ( here is a link to my before and after story/photos from 6 years ago: http://www.rawfoodbootcamp.com/Before_After.php if you are interested)
I got down to my ideal weight range before with God’s help and I can do it again, only this time for keeps–yo yo weight loss/gain is for tyhe birds! I am weak but He is strong! The principles in the “Made to Crave” book that I’ve mentioned before here and the support and accountability I’ve been having at the Raw Food Boot Camp and my “Healthy Living 4 Him” group have been wonderful tools that God is using. I am encouraged, exercising lots, am loaded with energy and stamina, and doing very well–all blessings I do not take for granted.
876. I am grateful for the Mama duck and her 15 new babies paddling behind her in a line that my daughter and I saw on our walk.
877. We went and saw “No legs, no arms, no worries Nick” tonight. It was a blessing. http://www.northlandchurch.net/calendar/details/nick_vujicic