“God gave you a gift of 86, 400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘Thank you’”? (William Ward )Lord, every single gift comes from You…“Lift my gaze to see life from Your perspective. Help me to understand-and treasure-every good thing You send…”(From James 1:7) One Thousand Gifts http://www.aholyexperience.com/
862. “Go-To” scripts on pp 215-216 of “Made to Crave: Satisfying your deepest desire with God. not food”” by Lysa Terkeurst (Direct qutes):
” 1.God has given me power over my food choices. I’m supposed to consume food.
Food isn’t supposed to consume me:
2 Cor 12: 9-10
His grace is sufficient. His power is made perfect in weakness. When we are
weak, then we are strong.
2. I was made for more than to be stuck in a vicious cycle of defeat.
“You have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north.”
3. When I am considering a compromise, I will think past this moment and ask
myself, “How will I feel about this choice tomorrow morning?”
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,
whom you have received from God? You are not your own: you were ought at a
price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 Cor 6:19-20
4.When I am tempted, I either remove the temptation or remove myself from the
So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall. No
temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful: He
will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,
he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. Therefore, my
dear friends, flee. 1 Cor 10:12-14
5. When there’s a special event, I can find other ways to celebrate rather than blowing my healthy eating plan.
See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. Rev 3:8
6. Struggling with my weight isn’t God’s mean curse on me, but an outside indication that internal changes are needed for me to function and feel well.
Forget the former things: do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. is 43: 18-19
7. I have these boundaries in place not for restriction but rather to define the parameters of my freedom.
I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness. Romans 6:19″
864. Fun lunch date with John at Chinese restaurant
865. A sparkling van vacuumed by Joy
866. Nice chats catching up with Carrie, Nita, Jan, Kelley, Nancy, and Kath