Cartoon: “IF YOU are a Loving and Merciful GOD, then Why didn’t YOU send someone to cure cancer or send true leaders to lead us? What is YOUR problem, GOD!” ” I did!!! You aborted them.”
Just saying: Paul Stone’s Photos
“God gave you a gift of 86, 400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘Thank you’”? (William Ward )
Lord, every single gift comes from You…“Lift my gaze to see life from Your perspective. Help me to understand-and treasure-every good thing You send…”(From James 1:7) One Thousand Gifts http://www.aholyexperience.com/
856. Beth shared a link to chapter 1 of Laura Story’s new devotional on Blessings and I enjoyed it: http://laurastorymusic.com/free/blessings-chapter-1/ Her song “Blessings” has really ministered to me this past year..
Esther M sharing these quotes/notes from ladies Bible Study which were an encouragement to me:
857. S.D.Gordon, Quiet Talks on Prayer
“In its simplest analysis prayer – all prayer – has, must have, two parts.
First, a God to give…
Second, a man to receive.
Let it be said that God can do nothing for the man with shut hand and shut life.
There must be an open hand and heart and life, through which God can give what He longs to.
An open life, and open hand, open upward, is the pipeline of communication between the heart of God and this old befooled world.
Our prayer is God’s opportunity to get into the world that would shut Him out.”
858.Jennifer Dean Quotes from chapter 9
“In His Word, God makes extravagant promises about prayer.
He stands behind His Word. He does not distance Himself from those lavish promises in His Word as some Christians try to do.
Mark 11:24, John 14:14, John 15:7 , John 16:23, Matthew 21:22, Mark 9:23
You won’t find Him saying, “I didn’t really mean that – the way it sounds. I exaggerated to make a point.”
Does your experience in prayer match God’s descriptions of prayer’s power given in His Word?
Is that how you would describe your prayer life – powerful and effective?
Prayer impacts lives and situations on the earth.
True prayer works.
Perhaps we think prayer doesn’t work like the Bible says it will work.
Why not? Could it be because we have tried to make prayer work on our terms and that the failure is not with prayer, but with our way of praying?
Every promise to answered prayer in verses is linked to a relationship.
The person who is abiding in Christ has desires that are God-shaped.”
859,Quote from Andrew Murray, Abide In Christ
“Believer, abide in Christ, for there is the school of prayer – mighty, effectual, answer-bringing prayer.
Abide in Him and you shall learn what to so many is a mystery; That the secret of the prayer of faith is the life of faith – the life that abides in Christ alone.”
860. Jennifer Dean Quote:
“Dear Friend, put away childish things – little, flesh-shaped desires; short-sighted, earth-bound understanding.
Yield yourself to His bigger agenda.
Let Him do more than you can ask or even think.
Let Him do His full and mighty work in you.
Then every prayer promise is yours.”
861. Since I put in my prayer requests in my blog last week I have been feeling significantly better, cough amazingly greatly reduced (it’s been going on since the end of Nov), less congestion, and I’ve had multiple nights of excellent sleep. I was so exhausted–it’s made a huge difference to sleep well and I am greatly encouraged. 🙂 I feel like I’ve had a major turn-around of progress in the respiratory issue and sleep improvement. THANK YOU all from the bottom of my heart for praying! How I hope this will continue! 🙂
862. I am so grateful that I am tolerating the Herceptin well and it is not messing up my heart or other parts which it can do—I just want it to royally mess with any rogue her2 cells that dare to linger. My one year of IV Herceptin will be done in June–right around the corner. I am praising God that as far as I know, all this cancer treatment has been and will continue to be highly effective for me. To the best of my knowledge, I’m doing downright terrific and I am going to operate on the assumption that all is well in the cancer department. 🙂 Hooray that, by God’s grace, I am a thriving survivor! I praise God that HE is in charge of my life, not cancer. The thought that I will not die one single second before it’s God’s perfect time to take me Home Sweet Home to Heaven brings me peace. Thank You Lord for my health exactly as it is and that I can trust You completely!
863. Sister-in-law Kelley healing well from mastectomy and reconstructive surgery done 2 weeks ago. Prayer request: unexpected news of path report this week: invasive cancer in very early stages on second mastectomy in the breast not expected to have cancer
864. Kids all doing very well with school work, extra curricular activities, sports, and volunteer work, including some challenging Fl Virtual School on-line classes and Nicholas’ dual enrollment classes at college. I PTL for graduation from High School in the horizon for him this year. I praise God we have been able to continue home schooling through even this difficult past year. Thank You Lord for John and the kids taking over so much for me when I was ill and being so wonderful!
865. I am very grateful for the progress in the tourniquet sensation in my arm gained through prayer and therapy. There are still issues but I see definite improvement and I expect that to continue. Thank You Lord for my left arm. Thank You Lord for the therapy that Lisa is doing. I had an appointment with her yesterday, we are working at home on things we learn there, and it is making a difference. What a relief! I am so thankful that the skin that was a mess from radiation healed up beautifully.
866. Thank You Lord that You are really, really helping me in walking in the victory that is mine in Christ in my eating and exercise plan. Again, thanks for praying! I have a ways to go to get back to my ideal weight and the level of physical fitness I desire but every day I am making good progress with God’s help. I resumed my 100% raw vegan diet (exclusively raw fruit and veggies with a few raw nuts) about a week ago, increased my exercise markedly and dropped 10 pounds in my first week back on the plan I was on for years—Yippeeeeee!!!!!! I feel so good eating this way. I’ve been waking up the last few days thinking , “Wow, I sure am feeling marvelous, Thank You Lord!” My joints took a big hit from the chemo and they are doing great this week. Supplements have really helped with chemo induced neuropathy symptoms too. Thank You, Lord. 2012 is my year of rebuilding and restoring my health, God willing. A physical goal I am working toward is to be in my ideal weight range, trim and physically fit, totally cancer-free and full of vitality and vibrant health. Accountability is a wonderful tool with weight loss and exercise and the Lord is providing that through my precious family and some dear friends. I plan to let you know here periodically of my progress and sure appreciate continued prayer! I am weak but He is strong.
867. I am grateful for the fact that NOTHING is too hard for God…absolutely nothing.