A Jewish man moves into a Catholic neighborhood. Every Friday the
Catholics are driven crazy because, while they’re grumpily eating
fish, the Jew is outside barbecuing steaks.
So the Catholics work on the Jewish man to convert him to Catholicism.
Finally, after a lot of pressure and much arguing, the Catholics
succeed. They take the Jewish man to a priest who sprinkles holy water
on him and says, “Born a Jew, Raised a Jew, Now a Catholic.”
The Catholics are ecstatic. No more tempting smells every Friday
evening. But the next Friday evening, the scent of barbecue spread
through the neighborhood. The Catholics all rush to the Jew’s house to
remind him of his new diet.
They see him standing over the grille cooking steak. He is sprinkling
water on the meat and saying, “Born a cow, Raised a cow, Now a fish!”
Lord, every single gift comes from You…“Lift my gaze to see life from Your perspective. Help me to understand-and treasure-every good thing You send…”(From James 1:7) One Thousand Gifts http://www.aholyexperience.com/
769. Great time catching up with Mollie, Mary, and Amanda in Asian Restaurant
770. Precious memories with Bets planting a letterbox http://www.atlasquest.com/, going to the nursery she works at at beeing the gorgeous cacti and petrified wood, just being together with her and rest of the family has been a treasure to me.
771. Veikko beating his Marathon times every time and great run in Phoenix–amazing!
772. Home sweet home for me today
773. Good start for Joy and Hannah in Upwards Basketball last night
774. “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10) He holds my past, present, and future. I can completely rest in His love.
775. The quails and bunny and beautiful dessert and mountains Bets and I saw on our walk
776. Julie sending me yesterday’s and today’s jokes which tickled my funny bone