AFRAID OF THE DARK
A five year old boy was afraid of the dark. One night his mother
told him to go out to the back porch and bring her the broom.
The little boy turned to his mother and said, “Mama, I don’t want to
go out there. It’s dark.”
The mother smiled reassuringly at her son. “You don’t have to be
afraid of the dark,” she explained. “Jesus is out there. He’ll look
after you and protect you.”
The little boy looked at his mother real hard and asked, “Are you sure
he’s out there?”
“Yes, I’m sure. He is everywhere, and he is always ready to help
you when you need him,” she said.
The little boy thought about that for a minute and then went to
the back door and cracked it a little. Peering out into the darkness,
he called, “Jesus? If you’re out there, would you please hand me the
Lord, every single gift comes from You…“Lift my gaze to see life from Your perspective. Help me to understand-and treasure-every good thing You send…”(From James 1:7) One Thousand Gifts http://www.aholyexperience.com/
761. I praise the Lord for an extraordinarily wonderful time with Mom, Bets, Veikko, Jason, Heidi, and Jenny in Tucson–such a huge gift from the Lord! What a great week! Home sweet home for me tomorrow night 🙂
762. Pastor Todd, Pastor Tim, and the Congregation at Desert Son Community Church and the opportunity I had to share some of the things the Lord has been teaching me with them. What a loving Body of Christ!
763. Fresh pecans from Dan’s trees
764. Energy and health to enjoy all the fun activities here
765. The blessing of special time with Ernestina, Sue, and Terri
766. A precious time with Jenny in the hammock under the dessert sky snuggled in a blanket together, hide and go seek with her and Haddle in their great big house, games galore, the joy of doing little projects for Mom, painting Ben’s Bells http://www.bensbells.org/, shopping, watching the DVDs Flywheel and Fireproof together thanks to the Mateers loan. Hopefully we’ll get to “Facing the Giants” today too–one of my favorites.
767. Good food and memories, laughing our heads off together
768. Fragrant home made goats milk soap from Terri