Hope this tickles your TOTALLY “just kidding funny bone” 😉 as it did mine:
Most people nowadays think it improper to discipline children,
so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have
had one of ‘those moments’.
Since I’m a pilot, one that I have found very effective is for me
to just take the child for a flight during which I say nothing and
give the child the opportunity to reflect on his or her behaviour.
I don’t know whether it’s the steady vibration from the engines,
or just the time away from any distractions such as
TV, video games, computer, iPod, etc.
Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving
after our flight together.
I believe that eye to eye contact during these sessions is
an important element in achieving the desired results.
I’ve included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son,
in case you would like to use the technique…
Should also work with grand-kids.
Lord, every single gift comes from You…“Lift my gaze to see life from Your perspective. Help me to understand-and treasure-every good thing You send…”(From James 1:7) One Thousand Gifts http://www.aholyexperience.com/
691. Today is #30 out of #30 of my radiation treatments. Yahooooooooooooooo and wahoooooooooo! I am thankful for Dr Lester, Dr Looper, Dr Gossain, and all their excellent staff who gave me wonderful care http://www.cancercarecenter.md/ . Rebecca, Amy, Heidi, Paula, and Brandy were super as were the receptionists and office folks. What a great team!
692. Naps. I appreciate my family lovingly allowing me mostly quiet, undisturbed rest when I’ve needed it even during the daytime and when I hit the sack early. John, Nicholas, Joy, and Hannah have really taken up the slack when I didn’t feel well and helped me in a million ways this year as we’ve fought cancer as a family: I am so grateful .
693. The roughest stuff in this cancer battle is all hopefully behind me now… onward and upward to rebuilding my health! If there are more hard things ahead in this battle, I will face them one at a time with God’s help and strength. He will see me all the way through it all.
694. Quotes from “The Red Sea Rules” that Sonia shared with me from hers and Linda’s reading:
“God doesn’t waste suffering. If He leads us into impossible spots, He will deliver us in His own time, in His own way, and for His name’s sake. Our job amid the difficulty is to learn our Lord’s simple but submissive prayer: “What shall I say? Save me from this hour? No, Father, glorify Your name.”
“God sometimes raises difficulties in the way of His people,” said Matthew Henry. “that He may have the glory of subduing them, and helping His people over them.”
The Lord devises ways of turning difficulties into deliverances and problems into praise. He gives beauty for ashes and an attitude of worship for the spirit of heaviness. He will glorify His name in the lives of His children, whatever their afflictions. He will gain honor for Himself over our adversarial situations. In the process, He will leave behind such blessings as make the burdens melt away like wax in the sunshine.”
696. The joy of the meaning of Christmas! “[Glory in the Highest] Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:8-11
More Cancer Fightin’ Words:
–HER2 cells are easy for HIM2 abolish into oblivion: God will do what is best for me.
–The Lord has designed my body in amazing ways to recover. So far so good: as far as I can tell, I am getting healthier and stronger and am overcoming cancer.
–Every day of my life is a precious gift for me to unwrap and enjoy.