New King James Version (NKJV) 1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2 Amplified Bible (AMP) 1THEREFORE THEN, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us,
2Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Lord, every single good gift comes from You…
316. I will lay aside everything that distracts me from my precious Jesus: every encumbrance, every sin that entangles me and I will run the race God has specifically chosen for me personally; with endurance, perseverance, and persistence. I will look to Jesus, who is the source, the author, the finisher, the completer of my faith who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross for my sake. He took the full shame of my sin upon Himself on the Cross. He paid the full debt of my sin. He did it for me. He is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. (From Heb 12: 1-2)
317. The provision of the loan of a wheelchair from the Wicks so Mom can go on a longer walk with us
318. It was a hoot last night to take out all my hats, scarves, and wigs with my family and for us to try them on together and goof around
319. My garden is BEAUTIFUL now–such a loving, lovely gift! I can hardly wait to give away more bouquets.
320. Heidi helping me with my manual lymphatic drainage and blessing me with massages
321. Bets teaching my girls some sewing skills.
322. Nothing is too hard for my God…absolutely NOTHING.
323. Just Who is in charge around here? What about all the hard stuff outside my control, this great big mess i can’t seem to do a thing about? God is, that’s who and I can come boldly before Him as His child, bringing my requests before Him and being fully confident that His answers will always be the very best ones. I will walk by faith and not sight.
Now unto Him, who is able to do immeasurably ABOVE all any of us could ask or think,