Adding to the direct quotes I like from “A Bend in the Road” By David Jeremiah:
- “You can choose to lift up your eyes to the heavens, pour out your tears, grief and anger and say “God, I have no clue what this is all about or where it is leading, but I resolve to trust You and praise You with all of my heart, unconditionally.
- He will not abandon His work on you – of which your trial is a part (read Isaiah 49:15-16)
- There’s no need for me and God to stay up all night. God will be awake anyway so I need to go to bed and get a good sleep. (Psalm 121:3-4)
- You will be faced with a trial and God will give you 2 gifts: A scripture for your mind and a song for your heart
- There is nothing, no circumstance, no trouble, no testing that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has come past God, and past Christ, right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose.
“God, You have allowed this in my life. I don’t understand it, but I know that it couldn’t have happened to me unless it was filtered through Your loving Hands. So, this thing is from You.”
We become preoccupied with our circumstances but God is preoccupied with our character.”
-“No matter how sharp the bend in the road, no matter how disruptive the moment (those unanticipated events, most of which one would usually have chosen to avoid had it been possible), everything that happens to us is for the eternal purposes of God. He is training us through the process. Like any worthy parent, He wants to teach us what we cannot learn any other way.”
“The Father is never closer to the vine than when He is pruning it.”
“We all ask ‘why’ questions. They’re a natural part of being human. But we can ask better questions–we can ask ‘what’ questions: ‘What
Lord? What would You have me to do? ‘What are You trying to teach me?’”
“I didn’t sign up for this! I know that I sang, ‘Wherever He leads. I’ll go’, but can’t we at least check the weather report first? How could He lead me into a storm like this one?’Just cling to the knowledge that you could be in no safer place than a storm of His making. You are safer and more secure in the tempest with Jesus than you could ever be in the calmest place without Him. That calm, you’ll come to realize, is an illusion, and the storm is for a good purpose and a short duration.”
- My crisis is important to God. He is using it to make me a more valuable servant in His kingdom.
- The only road that leads to the destination God desires for us has sharp bends.
- Life is difficult, but difficulty is the only path to wisdom. “
Lord, every single good gift comes from You…
(From James 1:7) One Thousand Gifts http://www.aholyexperience.com/
266. I will choose not to be fearful of any bad news now or to come. My “today” and my future are all HIS. I will trust my precious Lord to care for me and my family. IN CHRIST I am confident, steadfast, fearless, triumphant. (gleaned from Psalm 112:8)
267.”My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises!” (Psalm 57:7)
268. Yesterday morning my name was randomly pulled in a drawing for a $100 certificate toward travel expenses. Wasn’t that sweet of the Lord to arrange that?
269. Graciousness, love, and kindness of Deb’s listening ear, pointing me toward the Lord
270. The incredible feast the Robinson family provided for my family in the evening. We do not even personally know these brothers and sisters in Christ and yet this generous, beyond my comprehension outpouring of His love! I want to be more like them, more like my Jesus! Please change me, Lord.
271. Tender words from a pastor this morning (1 minute) http://www.truewoman.com/?id=1834 ( I know nothing about this man’s ministry or church but his words ministered and challenged me just now) Please make me a Mom after Your own heart, Father!