And that is why God said, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Phil. 4:6,7
“When the thoughts want to battle emotions and the emotions want to take control of our thoughts….we have to leave them at the foot of the cross, allowing God’s truth to permeate and stand guard. He takes the coin as it is tossed in the air, catches it and says ‘It is finished. In Me there is peace. Apart from me there isn’t. Remain in Me.’Emotions aren’t bad in and of themselves, nor our thoughts and understanding….but when left alone, outside of Christ’s Truth, havoc ensues.My heart and mind need to be guarded right now, especially as my body is weak and my thoughts play tricks on me.
And so God, once again, in His gentle, perfect and loving way, swooped in and met me right where I was reminding me of His love and sovereignty. Reminding me to come to Him and rest my head. Reminding me that in Him is peace like a river ready to flow over my soul.
This morning, the new light is dawning as He is once again relieving the pain, renewing and restoring.
I don’t need to understand….just trust…in trusting Him there is peace. ”
“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27
250. Peace He leaves with me, His peace He gives to me…not at all like the kind like the world gives. I won’t let my heart be troubled and neither will I let it be afraid. (John 14:27)
251. I will be anxious for NOTHING. Instead,IN EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving in my heart, I will let God know all my requests. I praise Him that the peace of God which is beyond comprehension will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:6, 7)
252. Blowing bubbles on the porch with Joy last night, enjoying her sweet company, relishing her delight in her newfound hobby of photography, so good to be able to be out of bed and in the fresh air
253. Nicholas’ hard work, good attitude, and great job on his English paper for SSC
254. Fun watching John and Hannah playing solitare together: 2 peas in a pod in so many ways
255. God’s peace like a river, engulfing and flowing over my soul in abundance