8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
It is the “not knowing” that causes fear, doubt, faltering, stress. We fret, “Where will this end up?” The truth is, we do know the final, ultimate outcome and it is WONDERFUL!
People fail but God does not. Police can become corupt, preachers can plunge to depths of depravity, marriage commitments can be broken, people mess up. God never messes up.
Life is flying by, Eternity racing upon us.
Lord, every good gift comes from You.
(From James 1:7)
174. Back to eating just nourishing, health promoting foods. It feels very good to do what I can do to take great care of myself. Thank You Lord for helping me overcome temptation to eat junk that just tears my body down. I will continually turn to the Lord–my Rock, my stronghold, my deliverer for all my comfort, not chocolate or sugar or anything else but Him.
175. Great time Hannah and I had giving away 10 little floral bouquets from our garden last night to neighbors. It’s so much fun to share our flowers!
176. A washer and drier that work well.
177. I know ahead of time what the final, ultimate outcome of my life is going to be: Eternity with Christ. That is cause for rejoicing! What I am going through now is all temporary.
178. Thank You Father for chemo dose #4 tomorrow, August 22, 2011. Please use it for good–please answer my prayers exceedingly abundantly above all I could ask or think. Thank You in advance for walking with me through all this, that Your grace is sufficient. I praise You for how you are weakening the cancer cells and removing them in masses out of my body and how You are strengthening all the healthy cells, making them thrive and flourish, enabling them to “take the hit”. I don’t know how this works, Lord. I say these things by faith because I know You can do it, just not sure that that’s what Your doing. Help my unbelief, Lord. Please fill me with faith.
179. I will not fail, God is ALWAYS victorious. When Jesus died on the Cross–so did I–my sin was nailed right up there with Him. When He rose again, I did too–raised to new life in Christ. When my Father sees me, He sees His Son. All my sin has been paid in full, my sin debt completely covered by my Savior.
180. Sue loaning me this “Always True” CD series. It is a blessing to think about His exceedingly great and precious promises.
181. Joy has taken over my responsibility to cut John and Nicholas’ hair and is doing an excellent job: she’s my cheerful, “right hand gal’ in so many ways.
182. I am thankful for good friends.